Saturday, December 26, 2009

Korean anime

Let me first start off by saying that I had noooo idea that Korea had these type of anime convention things LOL! and then my onni goes on to say that this convention goes on every month LOL! Yeah, me and my onni went to this Seoul comic/anime convention one day and I was so surprised at how many people were there. Anime is a truly universal thing LOL. Walking around everyone was dressed up in their cosplay and it was...sooo cute! In America people do these sort of things too but it's kind of scary when you go to conventions like Otakon and see these people because most of them look like they need to be out having jobs or something LOL! But these were just kids dressed up and they all looked so cute! I had fun going to this convention and I brought a lot of cute things (if you couldn't tell I'm addicted to cute stuff)



Yes, I took a picture with the sailor scouts LOL!! These girls are soo cute I couldn't resist!



I have no idea what this anime is...I think he's supose to be dressed up as a raidish (daikon in Japanese....)



OMG when I saw these girls I was like "OMG SNSD!!! Onni I have to take a picture!" They were really nice and was actually surprised when I talked to them in Korean LOL! There English was really good too! This is my favorite picture!! These girls are so cute LOL!! (I'm missing two of the group members though -_-;)


More pictures at the convention

I was so inspired by that convention I actually went home and made my own anime picture of Hyemi onni's family LOL!!! I remember when I was teaching Pyun Goon French, he couldn't say Bien for anything. He would always say, "bi-yeong" and it was so funny because my onni who had never studied french before could say it and he couldn't LOL!! We would always have to practice that and one time Pyun goon got so frustrated he actually pinched his nose and said it trying to get the nasel sound to come out LOL I guess he thought it would help cause that's what one of his friends said LOL!! but now he can produce nasel sounds so he doesn't say bi-yeong!

3 comments:

SWK said...

i didn't know they have anime conventions every month too! i used to watch sailor moon everyday after school..hehehe!!

Unknown said...

It's great to have anime cosplays here in America! Although there aren't much yet, it's a good start that cosplays are being appreciated. And who doesn't want to have pics with these cartoon-like characters? Truly, anime has invaded the world!

Michelle Pendlelton

Asheli said...

^^ I'm glad you found it interesting!I had been to anime conventions in America but never in Korea lol That was my first time experiencing an anime convention in a different country