Monday, January 7, 2013

Goals for 2013 and beyond

Thinking about this job in Japan and my future, I've decided to set some goals for myself in hopes of achieving a better me. Since I've majored in Japanese I do want to make a career out of it. However my Japanese is still lacking so I need to study more. With this job in Japan I hope to practice Japanese and also study to pass any language proficiency exams I need to get into graduate school. So, here are my goals:

1) Work for 1~2 years in Japan and save money for school while studying for the Japanese language exam.

2) Start studying for the N1 language proficiency exam and if not this year than next year aim at passing the exam.

3) Get accepted into the Nanzan University International Studies graduate program.

These three goals might take a while (4 years maybe) and a lot of effort but its better to have goals and work toward something than wander aimlessly through life not knowing what you want to do. I'm thinking that with an MA in International Studies along with my BA in Japanese studies, it should open up more doors for me in the job market...hopefully anyway.

No comments: