Monday, January 11, 2010

Calligraphy

My Onni's handwriting is superb and I'm always telling her how my handwriting looks like a 2nd grader in any language I write in so my onni taught me a few things and then submitted my handwriting in this Korean handwriting contest (I think I went in the kid division LOL)However my handwriting was still sucky so my onni and I went to this calligraphy place where I could improve (if only a little)This was my teacher, he is AWESOME!! I wish I had handwriting like him....but it was hard to communicate because he didn't know English that well so my onni had to translate a lot of stuff for me This was my first creation....but I put the "Ri" part too small LOL the teacher said it looked "interesting" LOLHowever I fixed it and this is my first calligraphy writing in Korean 0^O^oThen we moved on to actual picture making...OMG my teacher ws soooo good that this!! The top one in this picture is his and I'm trying to copy off him LOLIt's not so bad right??After we finished he actually gave us copies of his work at NO COST!! I was so surprised but his a really nice teacher and I think my handwriting improved a little LOLAfter having handwriting lessons, me and Hyemi went to her Aunt's house where we sleep over for the night, (and one of hyemi's cousin's came back from China, the little girl in the picture, so we took a picture together LOL

No comments: