Friday, March 6, 2015

When the Wash n' Go turns into the Wash n' Fro

Hey everyone,

So for the past couple of months I've been trying to experiment with my hair a little more to see what it can and can't do. My hair is very tightly coiled when I get out of the shower and I've been manipulating my hair in a stretched out state, meaning that I usually style my hair in braid outs, twists outs or just leave the braids or the twists in and have a protective style for the day.

However, a couple of days ago, I came across this one video where the lady in the video did a wash and go. I had tried doing this when I had first went natural and....needless to say it didn't turn out well. lol My wash and go turned into a wash and fro. At the time I thought that maybe my hair was too short to get the desired look I wanted so I held off on trying to attempt it again until today.

My hair is really long now and I thought that maybe this time I could get similar results to the other ladies on YouTube that do their wash and go looks. I know that every hair type is different but ball park I thought I could at least get a look that I was semi-pleased with, without getting the fro. I mean, I love my fro in all but it's a nightmare to detangle and my hair in its fro state gets dry too quickly so I wanted to define my curls and try something new.

I detangled my hair thoroughly and split my hair into four sections. I got in the shower and section by section, washed and slathered conditioner on my hair. My hair was very soft and detangled but....as soon as I step out of the shower....
Yeah...another wash and fro. I feel that my hair is just too tightly coiled and bunched together to get that nice wash and go look. If anyone has any tips or advice please let me know!! lol One of my favorite YouTuber's CharyJay, in one of her salon episodes had a beautiful wash and go done on her hair....so maybe I just need to go to a professional and gets some tips.

No comments: