Monday, March 2, 2009

Update

Hey everyone!!! Just to let you know, I moved out of my old roommates' dorm and now live with the coolest person EVER!!! She's Korean and so nice!!! I knew her even before I moved in with her so she was nice enough to take me in!! Now, I'm finally enjoying my semester, which might be my last semester at this school!! I applied to two other schools because I think they have a better language program than the school I go to now. I really want to get into Georgetown because I think the school is perfect for me, but I don't know if I can get in or not. Hopefully, the admissions committee will see that I'm a dedicated person and willing to work really hard for anything, that they'll accept me but, who knows. I told my dad and he just said to stop worrying about things that I couldn't control...but that's easier said than done. I don't want to worry I just do, because I really want to get into this school. So, now I'm just waiting for the results to come in. I do have a backup school, which is Maryland and they have a pretty good language program but the school is so big that I'm kind of rethinking about going there because I like the small size school I'm going to now.....but Maryland has a study abroad program with Keio, and I REALLY want to go to that school!!! I don't know though, it's so hard to make decisions and figure out what will benefit you in the long run. Anyway, on the positive side, I applied to the three week Korean program and sent in my transcript. All I need to do is send my passport and application fee which I need to get/do this weekend. But, if all goes well, I'm going to Korean this summer for three weeks to learn Korean!!! It'll be my first time abroad and I'm sooo excited!!! I can't wait to hang out with all my friends in Korea. Before I go, I'm also thinking about cutting my hair and having it natural......that pretty means I'm going to have an Afro.....I don't know how people will take it. I mean, I've permed my hair for most of my life to fit in with all the other kids, primarily white kids around me, so I don't know how this change is going to effect people's image of me, but I do think this is a good decision because it'll be easier to manage my hair when I'm abroad. Well that's all I have for right now, thanks to all the people who read this blog...even though I don't really talk about anything really important!!

No comments: